- Born in Vlaardingen, the Netherlands in 1956.
- Started his professional career at the age of 14 years by playing in local bands.
- Studied percussion at the Conservatory of Rotterdam.
- During the eighties Arno played in several well known bands in Holland, like the Daniel Sahuleka Band, the Margriet Eshuijs Band and the Fay Lovsky Band.
- In 1984 the famous Dutch composer Rogier van Otterloo asked Arno to join the Metropole Orchestra. Arno worked with the orchestra until 2013.
- In the Metropole Orchestra Arno played and recorded with a lot of international artists like Herbie Hancock, George Duke, Chaka Khan, Oletta Adams, Gino Vanelli, Todd Rundgren, Jimmy Tenor, Asha Bosle, Cheb Khaled, Cliff Richard, Brian Eno, Steve Vai, Bono, Patrick Breul, Natascha Atlas, Sertab Erener, Sezen Aksu, Nguyên Lê, Gary Lucas, Terry Bozzio, Jim McNeally and many others.
- During the nineties Arno made the music for a well known Dutch television program called “Jules Unlimited”. The program won a special Dutch price.
- The last 25 years Arno has played with numerous national and international musicians as a freelance drummer, like Ziad Rahbanni and his mother Fairouz in Lebanon, Ara Gevorgyjan in Armenia, and Steve Vai at Rock in Rio, Brasil.